Last night my friend Ian who is 16 came to skateboard at my miniramp and brought a bunch of his 16 year old friends. I organized a game of kickball and at first everyone was skeptical but after about five minutes it was a hit. The game didn't start until about 11 so it was dark and we had to make some special rules so the game would run smoothly in the barnyard.
- No such thing as out of the park home runs.
- No fouls.
- (If playing with less than 4 people on a team) No ghost runners--one person must always be up to kick. If not, you're out!
- To score you must slide into home--no exceptions!
- If the ball that you kick bounces off the ceiling, rafters, wall, or other barnyard machinery and hits you, you are out. You have to be agile enough to dodge the ball that you kick.
- Intentionally kicking a ball to the left is an automatic out. Kicking to the left sends the ball into the neighbor's yard which, in the dark, makes it impossible to retrieve in time to smoothly play kickball.
A highlight of the night came when I was running from second to third and decided to hurdle over the two hay bales by third base instead of slowing down to go around them. We were using pieces of cardboard as the bases and as I jumped the cardboard slipped and I plowed straight into the hay bales at full speed. The hay bales went rolling and I landed on my back and someone threw the ball and it hit the top of my head. I'm out.
I also ripped a giant hole in the crotch of my pants sometime during the game. Which possibly could have made the high school girls present a little uncomfortable, plus I was wearing briefs so I was showing a lot of skin, but, the game had to go on anyway. It probably happened when I was sliding into home. Sliding into home always got hay leaves down your pants and kicked up dust which got in your mouth and eyes but that added to the fun of it.
Saturday, June 23, 2007
Kickball
Posted by
dallin
at
9:32 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Dust full of barnyard fesis no doubt. I wish I had been there to see you reveal your panties to the girlies. Is the swing still up? Did anyone ride on that? I would have.
What a fantastic evening. If this was the evening that you were faced with the choice of playing a game online with me or going down to the barn yard for real life interaction, I believe you chose wisely.
Post a Comment